Due to the lack of club records prior to 1965, it has not been possible to ascertain the exact number of games Robert played for the Quins 1st XV, although there is no doubt he would have played in excess of 100 games. Robert being presented with his 100 tie by Club Chairman Jeff Davies on the 7th October 2017. Presentation photograph taken by Colin Lewis
Compiled by Percy Jones, Club Archivist
- Robert played his first game for the Quins 1st XV in the 1958/59 season.
- He played most of his games at hooker and was a pretty versatile forward.
- He missed quite a few games whilst away at Veterinary College but continued to play when home on holiday.
- Resumed playing on completion of his studies and became a well known vet in the town.
- His father, also a vet, was president of the club from 1959 to 1970.
- Robert himself was chairman of the Quins Club from 1997 to 2008.
- Played his last game at home against New Dock Stars on the 25th October 1969