Quins defy odds and earn a victory over the Wizards at the Parc.

From the first whistle, the Quins looked up for this one.

After some powerful carries from the Quins pack led by Lewys Millin, it was the Quins that would strike first through a penalty strike by Steffan Marshall. 3-0 Quins.

On the 15 minute mark, Corum Nott found himself with the ball out wide and managed to beat the Wizards last defender to finish well in the corner. Conversion unsuccessful. 8-0 Quins.

After a loose kick from Quins, Aberavon were quick to counter through evasive play by the Wizards full back. Andrews passes the ball to ex Quins fly half Aled Thomas who dotted down in the right hand corner. Conversion unsuccessful. 8-5 Quins.

Five minutes before half time, some excellent individual play by Steffan Marshall extended Quins’ lead. Marshall received the ball on the 55m mark before throwing a dummy allowing him to run through the Aberavon defence, he then found himself with a 1 on 1 with the Wizards fullback. Marshall steps off his left, goes round the defender and scores. He converts his own try. 15-5 Quins.

Aberavon struck back just before half time through scrum half Iwan Temblett. After some excellent defence from the Quins, the aberavon backline made the most of a mismatch on the blindside. Thomas converted. 15 – 12 Quins.

Half time: Carmarthen Quins 15-12 Aberavon

Quins were the first to strike after halftime after some smooth handling found Ryan Davies in the wide channel, hitting a great line to run down the wing. Davies found himself with Kalum Evans outside him, unselfishly passing to Evans to score in the corner. Marshall with an excellent touchline conversion. 22-12 Quins.

Marshall added to his and Quins points with another penalty kick to due Aberavons lack of discipline. 25-12 Quins.

57 minutes in, replacement Joe Thomas struck back for the Wizards. Conversion unsuccessful 25-17 Quins.

15 minutes from time, Marshall extended Quins lead through another penalty kick.

Full time: Carmarthen Quins 28-17 Aberavon